Monday, November 10, 2008

GIRLS GONE WILD !! sort of !!

I'm home from my scrapbook weekend with my girlfriends and the weekend went off without a hitch.......
-
well, that isn't really how it happened.
-
we had a slight "run-in" with the law.
-
seems the park manager has a small penis and felt that he needed to push his weight around in order to make himself feel more like a man.
-
let me just say that i've NEVER had a run in with the law in all of my adult life so this threw me for a loop.
what we have always done in the past for my two friends that get there after the park has closed is drive up to the gate and trip the bar and they can drive right in. Now, keep in mind that I learned this little move because I witnessed others doing the same thing. Does that make what we did right? Probably not but it wasn't like I had just robbed a bank or anything. right??? Besides the Park Rangers knew we had late arrivals coming......
-
as it happens, Sue called me to say she was at the front gate and could I come get her. I hop in my truck to drive up there.....in the meantime she calls again to tell me that this man comes out of the house at the gate yelling and screaming that she is trespassing and that she is now going to be detained......so don't go anywhere! He said he was a police officer and he was going to go call his park ranger and get to the bottom of this. Then he approached me.....he was offended when I asked him if he had a badge....he didn't like that question.....after yelling at me when I was trying to explain the situation he told me that tomorrow he would talk to his rangers and if he found that at any time I had lied to him then we would be evicted. When I hadn't responded to this comment right away he told me...."got you thinking didn't I ? " I responded, no....you really aren't listening to me so I'm not going to waste my breath with a response......what I really wanted to say was SHUT UP and stop acting like my FIVE YEAR OLD !! I mean, come on....what was he going to do? Put me in treehouse jail?
-
well, as it turns out he let Sue in and later Joni and I must say that the four of us had lots of fun at his expense. Our husbands have vowed to "get to the bottom of this" which is nice of them and honestly I would expect it from my husband....... But to tell the truth I was proud of how us girls handled ourselves. We had every right to be there....we had paid our fee to be there..... I was shocked with how I responded to this guy.....I didn't back down.....I wasn't timid....and I didn't cry in front of him. That came later.
-
on Saturday afternoon we got a visit from the park manager with his tail between his legs. he told us he was sorry for the misunderstanding and that the next time we come........sorry mister, there isn't going to be a next time.....we are shopping for a new hangout!
-
now as for my scrapbooking? I had a very productive weekend. I'm caught up with Aubrey's book and started one of my cruise vacations books. I feel good with my progress and I left the weekend refreshed......I actually slept in on Sunday!
-
I've learned that I would probably do anything for my friends in a time of crisis and I'm sure they would return the favor for me.
-
thank you for reading my ramblings....hope it doesn't confuse you!! I'm not the best story teller anyway.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Did you just say "small penis" on the blog?

Deanna said...

yep...wonder how many hits i'll get from google for that one....

d