Monday, December 1, 2008

A BELATED THANKSGIVING POST

I had every intention to post a warm and cozy I am thankful for blah, blah, blah post but it never happened.

-

I also had every intention to post pictures of Aubrey riding her bike without her training wheels like I had promised but as you can tell.....that didn't happen either!

-

I've also been wanting to beautify my blog....be creative....clever.....but, that hasn't happened either!

-

So, what have I been doing for the last week? Well, spending fun, quality, family time with my top two blog readers!

Aubrey and I drove up to Chicago with my parents to spend Thanksgiving with my brother and his family. Chuck drove up the next day since he had to work on Thanksgiving day.

Friday, Mom, Theresa and I went shopping! I had so so so much fun! I must say that I accomplished alot in the time we shopped. I also have to say that Mom and Theresa are much better shoppers then I. Theresa is the ultimate shopper and Mom and her bumb knee managed to keep up......but me.....I was a dragging!

I haven't shopped on Black Friday in years past. Come to think of it, I really don't remember the last time or if I've even been out on that day ever! Seems that working in retail and managing my own fabric and craft store killed me of the desire to be out on on the busiest day of the year. BUT, as Theresa the taxi driver and mom the navigator, all I had to do was follow! Maybe the crappy economy helped too.....stores weren't as busy as I would have expected.

By five that evening I was ready to pack it in! BUT NO !! We must NOT return home to the husbands any too early! THEY must be the ones to put the children to bed!!!! So......off to down town Naperville for MORE shopping!!! AND what a pleasure it was!! I had gained a second wind! Who knows if it was the post card beauty of the downtown lights and decorations with a good number of shopper milling around or what but I was ready for more! A book store, a kitchen store and to top it off a stop at the old fashioned candy shop!

So, all in all a very good shopping day. Actually I only cramped their style once by suggesting something for lunch that wasn't in their top one choice! How did I know that it was a tradition to eat in the same spot every year!!

I'm looking forward to this shopping adventure next year if they will have me back!!

2 comments:

Grandma H said...

It was a great weekend and a super shopping day with my daughter and daughter-in-law. I got a good start on my shopping and lots of ideas. You forgot to mention that we also ate our supper out before going home to the "men"! Fun! Fun! Fun! Mom H

Deanna said...

YES !! forgot to mention our dinner out! Looking forward to next year already!