Monday, May 7, 2007

The colors I picked for spring!



It is that time of year again! I always get grand ideas of what I want the landscaping to look like in my yard until I head to the stores. It is there the reality of what it would take to accomplish this hits and I become so overwelmed! There is so much to choose from....Do I want annuals or perananils? Which color scheme do I like? How much do I want to spend? My plans were to buy all the plants needed to do the front AND the back yard. That quickly changed when I became overwelmed with the variety to pick from. I did the smart thing and started small. I picked everything I needed to do the front of the house and headed home to get started.

We have royal blue shutters and door on our house but are on painting those yet this spring to a nice deep burgandy. I found a selection of geraniums in a deep burganday color and knew I just needed to have them! They are beautiful and I like the idea of having something different. The rest of the plants I picked are in the deep pinks and purples family. I'm really happy with how the front of the house looks now. Now if only I can get the shutters done soon!



My planting adventure in the front yard was not very time consuming so I headed off to the back yard to work on expanding my flower bed there. It is still a work in progress as I worked well into the evening digging up sod. There has got to be an easier way to do this!!! Aubrey and I headed off to Home Depot to buy top soil and mulch. There I found the plants that I had pictured would work perfect in this flower bed!! WOW!! I loaded the truck up good! I didn't ever stop to consider if all this soil and mulch would be too much of a heavy load!! I made it home safely and the truck in one piece. My weekend planting was very rewarding but boy am I sore!! I needed to get back to work so I could get a rest!!

No comments: