Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Aubrey spiked a fever again this morning while she was at the sitters while I was at work. Our doctor office had just closed for the holiday so off to First Med (Urgent Care) we go for what they tell me will be an hour and a half wait. They did a strep test and said that even if it came back negative then they would still treat her as if that was the problem. After a short wait in the exam room the doc said that all was negative but felt strongly that we should still do the antibotic.....okay, no problem.....I questioned him as to if it wasn't infact strep then what could it be then. His response? Well, if you don't want to treat her for streap then that is your business. Hey, I only questioned him as a good parent would because.... wouldn't you? I asked him if maybe the nurse didn't get a good swab because MY daughter wasn't cooperating....she has been known to not cooperate....to which he replied that his nurse was very well trained and that wasn't the problem....... I also asked him if it would be possible for the nurse to call in the precription to Walgreens for me....to which he responded, no, my nurse is much too busy for that.........I told him that was fine....I'll just drag Aubrey out into the cold again. No problem.
-
IDIOT
-

As I stood in the waiting room putting my coat on and zipping up Aubrey's coat the Doctor came out to say....Are you Mrs. Gipson? HUH??? He showed me a print out the had Aubs name at the top of it and said......I read the wrong print out.....see here.....she does have Strep.
-
IDIOT
-
As I left the exam room I was sort of questioning my politeness. Was I too rude? BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again will I question my attitude to a doctor when I have a gutt feeling about my daughter! I knew she had strep before we set foot into that office and I knew when I left the exam room that the doctor was wrong.....AND as it turns out I WAS RIGHT. !!

No comments: